Search RoHo Blog

Friday, July 26, 2024

Meal No. 3655: Southwest Chicken Caesar Salad

Thursday a week ago was a fine time for a lighter hand with dinner, both because of how much I've been overindulging with summer company, but also because the downstairs HVAC system was finally knocked on its butt again, unsurprising with the extended heatwave we'd had through much of July. Fresh-chopped romaine, my own meager attempt at a southwestern-flair Caesar dressing, some black beans and corn kernels, and we were happy to plunge into our southwest Caesar salads, with spiced chicken tenderloins cooked to perfect temp in the sous vide immersion circulator.

I was ready for another go at the blackberry cobbler that I'd only just tried out the week before. And while to me the natural ice cream to go with it would be vanilla, it turns out that the last of the Blue Moon ice cream was every bit as pleasing.


Southwestern Caesar Dressing was my creation but was based on:

"Gerry's Blackberry Cobbler," by Baritone Bob. In allrecipes, Summer 2024, p. 43. Also found online at AllRecipes.com. [Updated 14 January 2022]

No comments: