Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Meal No. 3653: Arroz con Pollo

Last week started off with quite another intense burst of summer heat, with temps approaching 100°F. I figured I'd bring a touch of heat with the dinner choice on Monday evening: Mexican chicken and rice with a wonderful white cheese dip. I kicked up the spice factor and the output of the skillet was thick and full-flavored and hard to turn away from. Add that cheese dip to it, and there's no looking back.

After cleanup from dinner was complete, I turned my attention to making a pretty dependable batch of shortbread cookies. I didn't want anything too much but felt that something in the sweet snacky category was still warranted. And they were tempting and tasty, for sure.


"Mexican Chicken & Rice," in Cuisine at Home, Issue No. 115 (January/February 2016), p. 10-11.

"The Best Mexican White Cheese Dip," from eatingonadime.com.

"Shortbread Cookies," from Nagi Maehashi of RecipeTinEats.com. [Updated 26 September 2019]

No comments: