Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, July 21, 2024

Meal No. 3651: Skillet Pepperoni Pan Pizza

As we approached mid-July, I decided to give trial to an extended cold ferment for pizza dough. My faithful pizza guide, J. Kenji López-Alt, who's quite the avid and dedicated experimenter and investigator, suggested that one might allow flavors and structure to develop with as long as a five-day rest chilled rest of no-knead dough.

And once again, he spoke true: the mid-day meal on Saturday the 13th was some excellent pepperoni pan pizza from the cast iron skillets. I was unable to keep myself from having one more piece beyond my status of fullness, and there was no basis for regret.

And that crust!


Pizza Crust based on "Fool-Proof Pan Pizza," by J. Kenji López-Alt, culinary consultant for SeriousEats.com. [Updated 30 March 2023]

Adapted from "Homemade NY-Style Pizza Sauce," by J. Kenji López-Alt, culinary consultant for SeriousEats.com. [Updated 17 February 2023]

No comments: