Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, July 25, 2024

Vanilla Bean Pudding Cake

Oh my goodness: sometimes when I mess up a recipe just a bit, I actually get a result I like even better. That's what occurred Wednesday a week ago, when in the quiet of the evening when leftovers had sufficed for dinner, I returned to the delicious vanilla bean pudding cake for our sweet finisher of another hot day. (Hot because this heat wave finally brought the downstairs HVAC system to its knees, with a frozen-up air handler in the cellar. Hence: no cooking of supper!) Anyway...not so much a self-saucing cake with my slight deviation from the instructions, but what emerged instead was a moist spongy and light surprise of sweet goodness. While it's probably supposed to serve 4-6, the three of us cleaned the pan.


"Vanilla Bean Pudding Cakes," from Susan Reid. Published by King Arthur Baking. Recipe printed July 2017.

No comments: