Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, September 1, 2022

Meal No. 3175: Beef & Cheddar Melts on Homemade Bread

Lordy, I cannot believe it is September already. Although I do love this month, with its often perfect weather and the educator's sense of a fresh start as the new school year gets underway. And I also love the main meal of the day I made back on Tuesday, August 23rd: beef and cheddar melts with sautéed onions and peppers, plus a whipped-up homemade sandwich sauce/spread, all on slices of the last of my homemade loaf of English muffin toasting bread, griddled in butter to a perfect greasy toastiness. The squat loaf size made the sandiches seem on first glance a bit diminutive but the flavor and fill were big. I could stand to have those again, sooner rather than later.

Ah, but a potential threat that corresponds with having the main meal midday is the bit of hunger or craving for sweetness that often hits in the eveningtime. So to the kitchen I went around 8 o'clock that night, and out came fresh hot glorious butter toffee cookies, of which I ate three, and then did penance with a five-mile downtown walk before bedtime.


"Beef & Cheddar Melts Sauce," a Roediger House creation.

"Butter Toffee Cookies," originally from King Arthur Flour. The catalog that comes periodically from KAF has recipes in it, which is where I first snagged it. But, as sometimes happens, it is no longer available on their website. I'm glad someone posted it to Food.com.

No comments: