Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, September 29, 2022

Meal No. 3196: Boogaloo Wonderland Sandwiches

Once suppertime rolled around on September 17th, I made a last-minute shift in my plans. Adding to the joy of a weekend out-of-town visitor was the happy circumstance of another friend and colleague coming by with her awesome twin senior-in-high school sons, to catch up with all of us. In eager hopes of channeling my mother's uncanny ability to be a host-at-the-ready in nearly any social situation, I opted for a back-up mealplan that might serve six instead of three, and Boogaloo Wonderland Sandwiches fit that bill. A variation (dare I say upgrade?) on sloppy joes, that would more properly be served on hoagie rolls instead of brioche buns, these work well as open-faced piles of savory and slightly sweet goodness.


"Boogaloo Wonderland Sandwiches," by Bryan Roof. In Cook's Country, April/May 2018, p. 4-5.

No comments: