Search RoHo Blog

Monday, September 26, 2022

Ice Cream Sandwiches

In early September I was once again an ice cream-making fiend. Among the good frozen batches of fun that I'd put away was sweet vanilla ice milk. As long as it was already churned and ready, I figured I'd finally try my hand at ice cream sandwiches so, back on September 15th, I made the chocolate cookies for top and bottom and, as bedtime approached, I spread that sweet vanilla ice milk on a bottom crust and topped it with the top cookie. I wrapped it back up to refreeze overnight so that the individual sandwiches could be cut the following day. Back into the freezer the then individually-wrapped ice cream sandwiches went until I could break them out for dessert after dinner. Our verdict? They were pretty tasty.


Based on "Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches," from I Scream Sandwich! by Jennie Schacht. Posted online in a blog post by PJ Hamel of King Arthur Baking.[Published 29 July 2013]

"Classic Vanilla Ice Milk," by Stella Parks, Pastry Wizard of SeriousEats.com. [Published 22 August 2018 / Updated 15 April 2020]

No comments: