Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, September 3, 2022

Meal No. 3177: Arroz Atollado de Pollo y Chorizo

It was about a two-and-a-half hour process on Thursday afternoon a week ago but the result was pretty stellar: a Columbian chicken and rice dish called arroz atollado de pollo y chorizo. I made aliños seasoning paste, that went into the big stew pot for the boiling of the chicken, and then I used that poaching liquid for the chicken thighs to make the rice. A terrific hugao of vegetables and seasonings and chorizo went into the rice as well, and what a stupendous result! The chicken needed a lot more seasoning than I gave it, unfortunately, but the rice more than made up for it.


"Arroz Atollado de Pollo y Chorizo (Creamy Rice with Chicken and Chorizo)," by Erica Dinho of My Columbian Recipes. [Published 01 May 2019 / Updated 14 July 2021]

"Aliños Colombianos (Seasoning Paste)," by Erica Dinho of My Columbian Recipes. [Published 1 February 2016 / Updated 27 October 2021]

No comments: