Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, September 24, 2022

Meal No. 3193: Bacon Cheeseburgers

As we were approaching the middle of September, we were blessed with picture-perfect weather of sunny days, moderate temperatures, nearly cloudless skies. Seemed to me on Thursday a week ago that grilling was called for, and it'd been a couple of months since I'd made burgers. I upped the ante a bit with a batch of bacon, some of which went immediately onto the hot cheesed burgers. I also brought out my special spin on burger sauce to go on the top and bottom brioche buns. These bacon cheeseburgers were just what the doctor ordered that day.


Adapted from "Juicy Burgers," originally from Pillsbury Classic Cookbooks recipe magazine, July 2003, p. 52-53. After Pillsbury was purchased in 2001 by General Mills, home of Betty Crocker (founded in 1921, mind you!), it basically ceased to exist as a company and lives on just as a brand. I guess that's why a Pillsbury cookbook recipe from 2003 is now only found on the Betty Crocker website.

No comments: