Search RoHo Blog

Monday, February 7, 2022

Meal No. 3027: Juicy Burgers on the Grill

For a very long time now, my go-to for weeknight burgers on the grill came from a grocery store check-out magazine that my mother introduced me to when I first moved back to Winston-Salem in 2001. With the promising name of "juicy burgers," it lives up to its moniker, in part because it borrows from the approach used with meatloaf, actually, although the flavor is much more burger-centric and I play a bit with the seasonings every time I do these. I do not always include bacon but I had some on hand, and they were pretty satisfying last Monday, for the very last night of January!


Adapted from "Juicy Burgers," originally from Pillsbury Classic Cookbooks recipe magazine, July 2003, p. 52-53. After Pillsbury was purchased in 2001 by General Mills, home of Betty Crocker (founded 101 years ago, mind you!), it basically ceased to exist as a company and lives on just as a brand. I guess that's why a Pillsbury cookbook recipe from 2003 is now only found on the Betty Crocker website.

No comments: