Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Meal No. 3023: Blackened Shrimp over Grits with Cajun Sherry Cream Sauce

Shrimp is rare these days at the Roediger House, and I have missed it. The occasion to bring out a shrimp-based meal presented itself last Wednesday evening and I happily jumped at the opportunity. I tossed them in blackening spice before pan-searing them in butter. In the meantime, I'd saved the leftover grits from the rainbow trout meal and cut them into rounds. On another burner I had a shallot-based Cajun sherry cream sauce a-going, and broccoli florets were roasting in the oven. It was a super supper for me and me alone that night!


Adapted from "Sherry Cream Sauce," by Dianne Rattray. Published online via The Spruce Eats (formerly about.com). [Updated 11 November 2021]

No comments: