Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, February 13, 2022

French Yogurt Loaf

On the first Saturday of February, it was a treat and a pleasure to get to head two blocks south on Spring Street to join the neighbors for a wonderful mid-morning brunch meal. But it was also for a sad reason that we were doing this: they are about to move away to Montana. In this hot housing market, of course, their house has sold lightning quick, for a pretty penny, but they've been such great neighbors and darn it! Anyway, I reckon because a good southern woman raised me, I figured I'd best not show up at their front door empty-handed, so I made a couple of citrus-hinted French yogurt loafs: one to share with them, another half to share with new neighbors across the street, and the remaining half to selfishly hold onto.


"French Yogurt Cake," by Andrew Knowlton. In Bon Appétit, May 2012, p. 30.

No comments: