Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Meal No. 3018: Sautéed Rainbow Trout with Spinach and Roasted Red Bell Peppers

Seven years after starting the renovation and addition project that led to the creation of the kitchen space I love so much, I piloted a never-before-tried recipe for sautéed rainbow trout, depending on a recipe from the cookbook my sister Allison gave me. Seven years after that, I decided to make it for the second time. It represented a special-seeming supper for a quiet Thursday night, when winter's capacity to be ugly and dreary was strongly felt. A meal like this can certainly make one feel a bit better about everything, particularly when the sides include creamy grits and roasted asparagus cuts.

It was one of those cold damp drizzly bone-chilling January days, and to get over the numb hands and the fruitless search for warmth, I lit up Fire No. 76 and kept it going through the evening. I was freezing most of the day.


Based on "Sautéed Sunburst Red Rainbow Trout with Spinach and Roasted Red Bell Peppers," by Elisabeth Sims with Chef Brian Sonoskus. In Tupelo Honey Cafe: New Southern Flavors from the Blue Ridge Mountains. Kansas City: Andrews McMeel Publishing (2014), p. 144-145.

Adaped from "Creamy Grits," from Luquire Family Stone Ground Grits, milled in Greenwood, SC.

No comments: