Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Meal No. 2910: Peruvian-Spiced Chicken Breasts

Friday night's dinner: sous vide Peruvian-spiced chicken breasts, because that was the slip drawn that morning from the freezer-item-reduction jar. I also roasted Brussels sprouts and had a pan of roasted spiced sweet potatoes, as a small variation on my usual starch theme. After dinner, though, I realized that it was getting pretty stuffy up in the attic and found that the temp had climbed to 83°F. So I had to make an after-hours call to the folks at Webb Heating and Air Conditioning and was delighted when our regular technician John was on call. He came about 8:45 pm, and it looks like there's a leak in the coils of the air handler up there. It was still 92°F outside at 9 pm that night, so I guess it isn't too surprising that the attic reached 85°F before he got it up and running again.

It reminds me of yet another one of the issues that I ended up with when the horrible Barnette Heating & Air Conditioning folks from Mocksville, NC, installed the first coil unit in the attic...and it was so beat up and busted with leaks (that I guess they did not check for) we ended up with mold in the walls and floors from leaks around the cooling lines.


"Roasted Sweet Potatoes," from Chelsea Lords of ChelseasMessyApron.com. [Published 04 March 2019]

No comments: