Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Webb of da Leaks

When you can't depend on your original installer of your heating and air conditioning system, which in my case was Barnette Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc., in Mocksville, then someone else has to come in and get the problems straightened out.

That's what led to this van (pictured here) showing up at my house early this morning, following my late-night return from New Orleans. My general contractor, Peter LaRoque, called on Webb Heating and Air Conditioning Company, Inc., from nearby Advance, NC, to find out why my brand-new upstairs system that Barnette installed was losing so much freon.



The technician started in the attic with the inside unit, and he said his freon detector was going wild up there. That's how bad the leaking has been. I'm waiting for a report from Pete to know for sure what problem ultimately had to be addressed, but he said something about the coil in that unit being the source of the leak. Then he pumped up the freon supply again (it was less than eight weeks ago that 3 pounds of freon had to be added to the system) and left without giving me any kind of report.

So let me say again: not only would I NOT RECOMMEND Barnette Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc., of Mocksville, NC...I would in fact strongly encourage those who use them to strongly consider whether they too are stuck with hidden problems or are also not receiving the service they thought they were.

No comments: