Search RoHo Blog

Monday, August 23, 2021

Meal No. 2913: Mozzarella, Ricotta, & Pesto Deep Dish Pizza

Once again, the neighbors came through with a great bunch of their overabundant basil, which set me on the path to the two-day process of making amazing pan pizza (the dough rises over 24 hours), plus terrific homemade pesto. That's what the dinner was last Thursday night, and boy howdy was it just about perfect. The eagerness with which I tackled my hot slices left me with light burns to my mouth's interior, but my belly's joy was a glorious counterbalance.


"Easy Basil Pesto," by Adam and Joanne Gallagher of InspiredTaste.net. [Originally Published August 2013]

"Fool-Proof Pan Pizza" [Updated 03 January 2020] and "Pesto Pizza" [Updated 27 February 2019], by J. Kenji López-Alt, former culinary director of SeriousEats.com.

No comments: