Search RoHo Blog

Friday, October 8, 2010

Upstairs HVAC Restored to Health?

Friday morning, after my two days on the road, involved an early start, because Webb Heating and Air Conditioning Company, Inc., was back to replace the faulty coil in the air handler in the attic that serves the upstairs.



The serviceman, Keith, was here for about five hours. He had to drain all the freon out of the system, remove the original faulty coil, install the new one, and then refill the freon.



I asked him as he was leaving if the leak above the wetbar that showed up back in August was likely to be from freezing along the chiller lines, when the freon was low in that system. He said that was a pretty reasonable conclusion.

So, the failure of Barnette Heating and Air Conditioning, Inc., of Mocksville, NC, to identify the problem of the leak very likely means that I have mold in one of my new bathrooms. I am currently without use of that bathroom. I have a hole cut in the ceiling of my kitchen while we try to control for any more mysterious dripping water.

If that's what you'd like your own house to look like, then using Barnette Heating and Air Conditioning, Inc., can make all that misery yours.

No comments: