Search RoHo Blog

Monday, May 3, 2021

Old-Fashioned Banana Pudding

It's been a while since I made a batch of banana pudding, so it was a welcome return a week ago tonight. My neighbor Miss Heidi loves green bananas, and I try to grab some for her when I see them on my grocery runs. She had a bunch that had been delivered from Publix that sat on her counter and just stayed green. It proved a highly annoying mystery to her and eventually, in her great frustration, she gave them to me. After about a week on my own kitchen counter, they finally began to yellow a bit but they were incredibly tough-skinned—almost leather-like. The good news? The fruit within was perfectly ripened for the banana pudding I used them in.

And true old-fashioned nana pudding would have a lightly toasted meringue on top, but I reached for the Cool Whip instead.


"Murray's Old Fashioned Nana Puddin'," from the Murray Vanilla Wafers package. Also found online at http://melissaannbrook.blogspot.com/2011/04/banana-and-vanilla-wafer-with-pudding.html.

No comments: