Search RoHo Blog

Monday, May 24, 2021

Glorious Strawberry Pie with Fresh-Picked Strawberries

The delightful neighbors down the street took their toddler on another round of strawberry picking the weekend before last and once more generously shared some of their bounty with me. It was perfect for making that good ol' Shoney's-style all-too-sweet strawberry pie, from the recipe that is credited either to my mother or my older sister Janice. Anyway: it's really good stuff and I had not made it in quite a while. But with fresh-picked strawberries? Now, that's some pie!

If I weren't rushed and harried because of having to leave home for a work week out of town, I would definitely have also made some whipped cream to go with it. It didn't need it, mind you, but let's not dismiss the potential benefit of added bonuses too quickly.

No comments: