Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Best of Breed Dog Biscuits

As we neared the end of winter, Sumner had a brief bout of loose bowels, which led me to search out recipes for homemade dog food to help get his system back on track. In the process, I also came across one from the much-loved King Arthur Baking folks for a peanut butter and whole wheat biscuit that was a cinch to whip up. I only made a half-batch, because we really don't live in a treat-heavy estate with our sweet pooch.

I made the peanut butter from scratch; well, from peanuts, actually.

When I offered some to Sumner, it dawned on me that peanut butter was probably a brand new experience for him, and it took quite a while for his tongue to become manageable and controllable again.

Even with only a half-recipe, there were more than enough of these peanut butter biscuits to share with the sweet couple down the street, and apparently their two dogs liked 'em pretty well. As for Sumner, he approached it with his usual caution but now he is very much a fan. Guess these will be made again before long.


"Best of Breed Dog Biscuits," from KingArthurBaking.com.

No comments: