Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, May 15, 2021

Meal No. 2843: Salmon Croquettes with Chili-Lime-Garlic Aïoli

The pattern is becoming well-established: when I return to my much-loved roasted salmon, I'll cook extra so that soon thereafter there can be the deep indulgence in the new-round favorite, salmon croquettes. Thursday before last, with the addition of the perfect chili-lime-garlic aïoli, and the slight variation of roasted Brussels sprouts, I overdid it with a double serving on my plate.

I talked myself into that overeating, though, because that afternoon I took the mountain bike out for a good long ride, marking my third trip all the way around Salem Lake. Total ride: 22 miles.


Recipe sent to me by my sister Allison, who cracked up when I asked about the source: adapted from "Salmon Burgers" (p. 396) and "Herb Sauce" (p. 395), from Denise Austin, Shrink Your Female Fat Zones, Rodale Books (2003).

"Chili-Lime Aïoli," from David Wald of Princeton, NJ, May 2009.

No comments: