Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, May 1, 2021

Cycling to Quarry Park

This old man is doing the best he can with his late-in-life rediscovery of the pleasure of a mountain bike, and it sure was a treat to once again head out for a slightly grander quest last Monday when the weather turned picture-perfect yet again. I'd finally looked up the city's greenways and trails to get a better handle on my options for reasonably safe bike rides, and I saw that there was a path connected to the Salem Creek Greenway that branched off to Winston's relatively new Quarry Park. That's where I went on that beautiful day, huffing and puffing for the uphill portions but happily achieving a worthy end to that quest.

I'm finding yet another reason to love the benefits and features of downtown living, because it's relatively easy to get from home to a biking/walking trail without a lot of time on busy city streets. We'll see if the hot weather of summer curtails my efforts as much as I fear they might, but for now I think I'm off to a good start with getting out and getting healthier!

Vaccinated Attitude

Monday involved another important milestone: I got my second dose of the Pfizer COVID19 vaccine. So I'm counting down the two-week last-stage gestation period so that I can re-enter more regular life...and get back to work!

No comments: