Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Meal No. 2803: Turkey-Lentil Sloppy Joes

Provided the record that this blog helps to maintain is reasonably accurate, I think I can safely report to making a meal with ground turkey for only the second time ever. I find it sort of gross to work with, honestly, even if the finished cooked result is palatable or even enjoyable. Anyway: I'd bought some ground turkey thinking I might need it to continue helping Sumner get past his recent bout of gastro issues but then needed to cook it before it went bad. Some internet web searching helped me track down some possible recipes, and I ultimately chose turkey-lentil sloppy joes just because I already had the ingredients on hand. Passable but not all that appealing, for my tastes. But it served as supper this past Saturday night, the final day of Eastern Standard Time before we sprang forward into the glorious season of longer evening daylight.


Based on "Big-Batch Turkey-Lentil Joes," by Juliana Hale from AllRecipes.com.

No comments: