Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, March 6, 2021

Lemon Sugar Cookies / Brown Sugar Cookies / Biscoff Toffee Cookies

After an early supper Tuesday (a repeat of the previous evening's salad, using leftover chicken tenders and more of the homemade Caesar dressing), it just felt like we were overdue for a sweet treat. Lemon sugar cookies, once that idea had popped into my head, proved irresistible, so that's what I made. They really are quite good and I'm glad the recipe makes enough to share with the neighbors.

The cookie party carried over into a second day, on Wednesday, and for Round 2 I went with chewy brown sugar sugar cookies. Quick and simple to whip up, quick and easy to make disappear.

Yesterday evening gave me time for one more recipe, and this time I experimented with a new one: biscoff toffee cookies. I must confess: they didn't really work for me but others who sampled them found them pretty tasty, it seems. I guess I'll hold onto the recipe but I'm not sure how I'd ever reach for it over the tons of other excellent ones I have on hand.


"Lemon Sugar Cookies," from Melissa Stadler of ModernHoney.com. [Published 21 March 2016]

"Chewy Brown Sugar Cookies," from Yvonne Ruperti of SeriousEats.com. [Published 24 September 2013 / Updated 30 April 2019]

"Crinkly Crackly Biscoff Toffee Cookies," by Chris Scheuer from The CafĂ© Sucre Farine [Published 05 June 2013].

No comments: