Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Meal No. 2798: Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta

Just shy of a year ago, I stepped into my kitchen in an experimental mood and came out with a delicious bowl of creamy cajun chicken pasta. As noted in the blog post at that time, I think it's hard to mess up a creamy cheesy pasta dish like this: you can combine all sorts of things, and as long as you get the seasoning and the cheesiness right, one is likely to be pleased with the results. This past Saturday night, I looked back at the skimpy commentary to guide me again, ending up with another tasty but varying version of that first trial. Too often I forget to reserve some of the pasta water, and it was definitely needed to help de-thicken and smooth out the creamy cheese sauce. The chicken was easily cooked via sous vide, and then finished on the hot gas grill.

No comments: