Search RoHo Blog

Monday, May 13, 2024

Pink Lemonade Cake for the Crew

You can be forgiven if you overlooked that last Tuesday was National Lemonade Day, but I decided to celebrate with a pink lemonade cake when the crew was over for barbecued chicken that night. It all seemed to go together in a most southern of sensibilities, a sweet sensation following the smoky heat and sweet spice of those tender chicken thighs. Even after the belly-swelled misery of the delicious dinner, those cake squares found their way to our pie holes nonetheless.

Admittedly, I've had mixed success with this recipe in its two previous appearances: one time the cake was fine but I was a tad careless with some food coloring; the other time it really just sucked. I'm not horrible at kitchen endeavors but the mystery of that more recent disaster has haunted me, and I had to give it another shot. While still shy of perfection, this latest attempt was much better—I didn't have to throw it out!


"Pink Lemonade Cake," from Jocelyn Delk Adams of Grandbaby-Cakes.com. [Published 29 July 2014 / Updated 03 June 2022]

No comments: