Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, February 4, 2023

Pink Lemonade Cake

Our fun-filled gathering of the core couples of the Roediger House last Sunday night would have felt incomplete without some dessert, especially because it was a belated birthday celebration. Cake, naturally, was called for. Although I have a wonderful storehouse of excellent layer cake recipes, I have been wanting another go at pink lemonade cake because of how marvelous it was on the one previous occasion when I made it. It proved to be a disaster that night, incredibly dry and dense...but the icing was certainly on point. I think the recipe author's weird approach to cake batter, combined with the weird, hard, unyielding consistency of Tillamook butter, is the likely culprit. I see no reason to hold onto a crappy dessert so the final pieces were tossed in the trash.


"Pink Lemonade Cake," from Jocelyn Delk Adams of Grandbaby-Cakes.com. [Published 29 July 2014 / Updated 03 June 2022]

No comments: