Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Meal No. 3611: Creamy Swiss Baked Chicken Breasts

It was a boys' night at the Roediger House last Friday, to start off the Memorial Day Weekend. After going round and round in my head about what I ought to make with the package of chicken breasts I had, I settled on a very old favorite from my friend Cindy: creamy Swiss baked chicken breasts. It's fairly simple to put together without a long list of ingredients, but it is always long on pleasure once it's served up. I roasted whole green beans and added some hoisin for a unique flavor, and more stovetop stuffing went alongside.

It was actually a short workday for me, unusual this late in the year, unusual for the Friday heading into a holiday weekend, but well worth the hour it took to make a brief presentation to the leaders of a local school district's instructional division. That morning, it was so nice to be greeted by the first Strutter's Ball daylily of the season, along the sidewalk right outside the back kitchen door by the herb garden. This seems early to me, although it was also May 24 when the 2023 season's first bloom appeared. I've convinced myself that their arrival occurs like clockwork on the first of June, but that's just because I haven't run out of things to be silly about.


"Easy Creamy Swiss Baked Chicken Breasts," a recipe shared with me by Cindy Coulson in 1997. A matching version of the recipe can be found on Cooks.com.

No comments: