Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, May 4, 2024

Meal No. 3594: Not So Cajun Chicken

The list of meals thought of as special or traditional or favorites of the house is pretty extensive, but always in the top rankings will be the beloved Not So Cajun Chicken. First encountered when I was living in Raleigh and regularly consumed at Crowley's on Medlin Drive, it was my friend and college roommate Jimmy who found a reasonable approximating recipe for it that I've happily used ever since. It was the very first meal I made in the new kitchen when it was completed in 2009. And it returned to the Roediger House dinner table last Sunday at lunchtime, grandly sauced, suitably spiced, nestled comfortably on fresh-steamed rice.


"Not So Cajun Chicken," a dish I regularly enjoyed at Crowley's Old Time Favorites restaurant and bar on Medlin Drive in Raleigh, NC. (Another version of the recipe can be found here.) A heap of thanks is due to Jimmy Randolph for tracking down the recipe for me.

No comments: