Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, May 5, 2024

Replacement Microwave Installed

When the new kitchen was designed and brought online in 2009, a family-sized large-capacity microwave was definitely on my list. The requisite research at that time led me to choose a Panasonic inversion countertop unit, which I ordered that February while I was off on a work trip. I suppose things were busy enough just a few years later when it died in the middle of Thanksgiving Day cooking, because I do not seem to have mentioned it on the blog. And while I should have made a warranty claim, that was back when my travel kept me hopping so much that things like that just fell through the cracks. Fortunately, Costco had a similar solid Panasonic model that I could snag quickly and it's been a steady workhorse ever since.

It might be a coincidence but after one Friday's cleaning by the ladies, I discovered that the microwave's turntable spun not just during cooking cycles but also anytime the door was opened. (Fortunately, it stopped spinning if the door was closed during non-operation.) While it still works perfectly well, I reckon it is a bit long in the tooth, especially with its frequent use by this kitchen dabbler, so I went ahead and upgraded to a newer model. That arrived at back on April 27 and has already been happily pressed into service.

No comments: