Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, May 28, 2023

Meal No. 3366: Boogaloo Wonderland Open-Faced Sandwiches

With two homemade burger buns still kickin' it on the counter, and some ground beef with a use-by date approaching, I figured it might just be time for some excellent open-faced Boogaloo Wonderland sandwiches. I'm glad the recipe is pretty quick and easy, because I got sort of a late start. But grand and filling, savory and satisfying, these sandwiches were right on target for this past Wednesday evening's supper.

And arriving just a bit earlier than seems normal, the first of the Strutter's Ball daylilies busted out a gorgeous bloom, waiting for me to spot it when Sumner and I took his first bathroom break early that Wednesday morning. Over the years, I feel like these daylilies have pretty consistently arrived right at the first of June. And they look to be teeming with blossoms-in-waiting so it ought to be a lovely week or so around that back door.


Adapted from "Boogaloo Wonderland Sandwiches," by Bryan Roof. In Cook's Country, April/May 2018, p. 4-5.

No comments: