Search RoHo Blog

Friday, April 26, 2024

Old-Fashioned Banana Pudding

Last Saturday's long gathering day for a birthday celebration concluded with a special-request dessert: banana pudding. The recipe I've long depended on is unnecessarily elaborated upon in the following paragraph, but I deviated from it slightly by crafting a special batch of vanilla bean pudding using a recipe from the Food Network. Then I assembled things according to my standard approach, straight from the side of a box of vanilla wafers. It was a nice finish to a fine evening.

A long-ago purchase when at my not regular grocery store is how I came to have a box of Murray Vanilla Wafers on hand, right about the time I was interested in a recipe for banana pudding. I wrote down what was on the box (see photo above) and have had it in my original recipe book ever since. Oddly enough, though, the company subsequently altered that recipe on its website, and now it does not even make vanilla wafers at all. Ah, but a military wife and mom posted a short-lived blog that hasn't had an update since 2011 and it still has the recipe on it as well, for any of you who might be interested!


"Murray's Old Fashioned Nana Puddin'," from the Murray Vanilla Wafers [now discontinued] package. Also found online at http://melissaannbrook.blogspot.com/2011/04/banana-and-vanilla-wafer-with-pudding.html.

"Vanilla Pudding," from the Food Network Kitchens.

No comments: