Search RoHo Blog

Friday, April 19, 2024

Meal No. 3583: French Toast

A delightful Sunday brunch meeting with a friend, colleague, and former masters student, all wrapped up in one impressive package, allowed me to be spectator to her order of delicious French toast and bacon as we discussed upcoming plans for some training she wants me to do. That image stayed with me and informed my own dinner choice Monday night, from our dependable King Arthur recipe and with brioche as the bread base. And yep: I had to fry up a huge batch of bacon as well.

By late morning that day, I'd finally put the finishing touches on the 2023 taxes and made the necessary copies and walked the envelopes to the downtown post office. That left a gorgeous afternoon to be fully enjoyed, in the peace that comes from finally putting aside that dreaded task. It's at long last the camp chair season, with these great breezes and exceptionally pleasant temps, and even into the evening the sitting was swell in The Grove.


"French Toast," by PJ Hamel of King Arthur Baking online.

No comments: