Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Meal No. 3586: Split Chicken Breasts

Thursday's tasty dinner was baked herbed split chicken breasts, together with roasted spiced potatoes and roasted asparagus spears. It was an abundance of food, more than I needed, and yet I still found room tucked down deep for the final offering of lemon bars.

And Lordy, what another gorgeous spring day it was in Winston-Salem. I started early, with my 3.2-mile walk taken care of before sunrise. It was a reasonably productive morning for doing a bit of writing and also catching up on some personal correspondence. The pooches appreciated that there could be so much outside time, as did I, and that included my first do-it-myself scrubbing of the new Toyota Camry. It struck a handsome pose once I was all done.


Cooking guidance from "Baked Split Chicken Breast," from Prospective Phd on AllRecipes.com. [Updated 13 February 2023]

"Alabama Great White Sauce" (p. 362), in Smoke & Spice, by Cheryl and Bill Jamison. Boston: The Harvard Common Press, 2003.

No comments: