Search RoHo Blog

Friday, June 16, 2023

Meal No. 3378: Meatloaf Minis

Tuesday's delightful return to sunny skies and nice breezes meant wonderful outside time, some yard work, cutting the grass, a bit of weeding, and watching Sumner enjoy the sunshine. (I also had the unpleasant duty to spend time under the kitchen crawlspace, as part of an endeavor that will warrant its own separate blog post before long.) With dinner for three on tap, I thought I'd try a new recipe: mini meat loaves with a simple sauce, plus spiced roasted potatoes and green beans. It seemed to be well-received and will deserve a return showing for some upcoming small dinner gathering!

Among my yard tasks was to clear the seasonal trash tree debris from the driveway. I got out my wide sweeper and set to work but that sweet house pooch Sumner had his own ideas about where I was to work.

When we're just hanging out on the driveway, he is constantly jumping up to see who's walking by on the sidewalk, or to stalk a squirrel, or to zero in on one of the active skinks near the shrubs.

But he remained parked right here for the whole time I was trying to sweep, because he's sweet and he's a stinker. Hit this link to a Fall 2021 post and scroll down to the part where I was raking the back yard. He's established a pattern.


"Mini Meatloaf," from Lauren Allen of Tastes Better from Scratch. [Published 20 February 2023]

No comments: