Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, June 10, 2023

Meal No. 3374: French Toast

With a superb honeymoon trip completed and the exhausted couple back stateside and hitting the sack as soon as I’d picked them up from the airport Sunday night, our good friends from Virginia were left to sleep in Monday morning while another overcast and somewhat chilly day began here in Winston-Salem. Both the regular and the bonus pot of coffee were brewed and ready in the meantime, and Sumner and I braved the morning’s nippy air so that he could keep his eye on things outside while I drank my own coffee and messed with small tasks on my laptop. But being ready with some day-starting foodstuffs was also on my mind, even though I’d not made it back to the grocery store to restock the fresh fruits I should have had on hand. Off the griddle I served up passable French toast, enough for a light morning snack, to which some of us added generous glugs of maple syrup. Then it became time for them to head home, and I turned my attention to a mixed bag of mundane tasks and chores.


"French Toast," from King Arthur Flour online.

No comments: