Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, May 4, 2023

Cinnamon-Chai Oatmeal Cookies

In this age of social media, clickbait, 24-hour news, and aggregator websites, it might be considered pointless to resist the siren call of silly celebrations. Over the last few months, I've managed to find myself in the line of fire of these "National Day of..." this or that, taking the smallest spark from them to get to the kitchen in response to the occasion's invitation. That was how I finished out the final day of April, as the low-angled early evening sun pushed in through the window at the sink, and the ground still glistened from the last gasp of the day's intermittent rain showers. My small collection of oatmeal cookie recipes contains good options but I felt the cinnamon-chai version was the stand-out for that Sunday endeavor. First batch of these since early December!

With an abundance, and with friends and neighbors nearby, they were definitely worth sharing especially in their fresh-baked condition...and I hope it's okay and not gauche if I share the delight of positive feedback!


Based on: "Caramel-Chai Oatmeal Cookies," in Cuisine at Home, September/October 2013, p. 47.

No comments: