Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Sandalwood Rose is Gilded

Blogger's Confession: I have a few blog posts written quite a while ago that have been waiting for when I needed a filler, which has often occurred because I was on the road or simply didn't have anything else fresh to post about the Roediger House. This one has been sitting in the draft box for just over 10 years, and I'm letting it now run free.

My tendency in running a household is to buy in bulk, to buy lots when on sale or if it's a good deal, and to stock up on consummables that don't go bad.

In the upstairs landing bathroom's linen closet, which at the time of this writing (in 2013) had not yet been finished to serve as a linen closet, I stored the Costco and Sam's Club packages of toilet paper and Kleenex, the shelf-full of toilet bowl cleaner and Tilex Fresh Shower spray, a couple of boxes of hotel shampoos and soaps that I realize I just don't need to be collecting...and an oversupply of shower gels, shampoos, and antibacterial liquid handsoaps, mostly from Bath & Body Works.

A while back, I reached into the back of the closet and found some shower gel/body wash that had gotten pushed so far back it had fallen off the back of the shelf. It was the strongly-scented but very appealing Sandalwood Rose version. It hit me right for the moment so it became the next bottle of body wash for me to put in the master bathroom shower.

I realized at that time that I hadn't seen Sandalwood Rose back on the market in a long time and, later, I looked it up online. Here's what I found on Amazon, in February 2013:

Yes, that's for a single bottle. I have another one just like the one pictured, and newer bottles of it in their redesigned packaging. I reckon that, even though some people think this body wash is worth 80 bucks plus shipping, I'm going to use it like it's really worth the already over-priced $11 shown on the label on the bottom of the bottle.

No comments: