Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Cinnamon Roll Sticky Buns

Cinnamon Rolls Batch No. 19

Only because it is temporarily amusing, and the smallest needed catalyst to certain kitchen endeavors, this whole "National Day of..." silliness is still getting some mileage here. Take the highlighted designation for February 21st, which was not only Mardi Gras and National Pancake Day...but somebody also decided it was National Sticky Bun Day. So I made the full sugared and well-nutted combination of cinnamon rolls and sticky buns that proves to be pretty popular in this neck of the woods. These are not the style of cinnamon sticky buns that should be iced the way I did; instead, I should've dolloped the deliciousness of the vanilla bean cream cheese icing on the uprighted individual portions. So the only good picture I have is of the pan fresh from the oven. I do, however, have fantastic memories of many happy bites of several rolls reserved just for me.

No comments: