Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, March 23, 2023

Meal No. 3321: Baked Herbed Split Chicken Breasts

The first full day of spring on Tuesday: sunny and bright, warm enough for outdoor labors, and definitely a fine time to receive the year's first delivery of mulch from my long-time suppliers at Pope Sand and Gravel.

It's an abundant heap that promises much upcoming toil for me, which I will absolutely enjoy, but thanks to plans for a movie outing, I did not get started on that day.

Plenty of other things were worth doing in the yard, including spade-turning part of the kitchen garden (above), more weeding and pulling up some nefarious invasive root structures, and checking on the progress of my tulips:

My work break to enjoy a honeycrisp apple led to a disconcerting discovery, but I persisted with all the good portions of it nonetheless:

It was no shock that I had a good appetite for dinner and made it a plate full: baked herbed split chicken breast, easy stovetop stuffing, and roasted broccoli florets:

After the movie that night, I returned to the kitchen and out came some incredible sugar cookies for the bedtime sweet treat:


Based on "Mardi Gras Sugar Cookies," from Kelly of AmericanCupcakeAbroad.com. [Published 20 February 2012]

No comments: