Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Meal No. 3292: Chicken Tikka Masala Pizza

These legions of "National Day of..." things aswarm in social media and boosted by filler news articles are mostly goofy. Every day is something. It seems that last Thursday had been designated (by someone somehow?) as National Pizza Day. That's worth observing no matter how ridiculous the designation. So I tried a different same-day pizza dough (which was fine but I did not love) as well as a new topping or style: chicken tikka masala. At first blush I looked askance at the small individual size of the two pizzas but they were more than filling!

Every once in a while, I appreciate even the subtlest colors emerging over the city as the day dawns; I might capture the sight and, less often, also post it. This past Wednesday morning's obscuring shadows not yet touched by those rosy fingers of young daylight are why I did not even bother to try to catch a photo of the stealthy sneaking silhouette of the raccoon Sumner and I spotted across the street in the driveway of my alarm company (their building is visible in the lower right of both this photo and this photo). In 20 years of downtown living, this is only the second raccoon I've seen; the other was way over in the undeveloped southern portion of the Innovation Quarter along Research Parkway.

Although it was a mostly overcast day that Wednesday, I was very happy to see the first crocus bloom. And when I drove down to Montgomery County for an afternoon session with new teachers, the grey gloom was more tolerable with an early February afternoon that reached 70°F.

By Friday morning, the earliest daffodil blooms had emerged, helping boost my spring-seeking soul just a bit more into the realms of approaching joy:


"Roberta's Pizza Dough," from Carlo Mirarchi, Brandon Hoy, Chris Parachini and Katherine Wheelock. Adapted by Sam Sifton. Found on New York Times Cooking.

Chicken tikka masala was contrived by me with some inspiration from:

No comments: