Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Mardi Gras King Cake Cookies with Pecan Praline Topping

It is Mardi Gras season (and the timing of this blog entry's posting just happens to coincide with the official Fat Tuesday of 2023), and I still had on my baking wishlist another go at Mardi Gras king cake cookies with a devilish pecan praline topping...and the requisite adornment of green, gold, and purple sparkling sugars. Even though I botched a small part of the technique, rendering the cookies a bit more fragile than normal, they were remarkable nonetheless when I made them last Thursday evening! They also just look plum fancy.

Let's also note that it was a warm day and I took full advantage of it with a 6.33-mile walk down through the Sunnyside and Washington Park Neighborhoods.


"King Cake Cookies with Praline Pecan," from Bree Hester of BakedBree.com. Adapted from a recipe originally developed by Aimee Broussard.

No comments: