Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, February 12, 2023

Meal No. 3290: Chicken Salad Sandwiches

With the previous evening's bounty of gradiose burger buns leaving three of those enormous rascals in waiting, and with a repeat trio of the fellas for a dinner and movie hang, it seemed a ripe opportunity for the relative simplicity of chicken salad sandwiches. I cooked the chicken breasts in the sous vide, with seasonings and fresh-cut rosemary sprigs. Once I'd given the finished breasts time in an ice bath to stop the cooking, I made the dressing, diced the chicken, stirred it all up, and put it away for a couple of hours for the flavors to meld. I dug some of the innards of my hamburger roll out so that I could better focus on the chicken salad. My obligatory oversized pile of Sun Chips made a welcome return to my dinner plate.


Adapted from "The Best Classic Chicken Salad Recipe," from J. Kenji López-Alt, Culinary Consultant at SeriousEats.com. [Published 03 June 2015 / Updated 17 April 2020]

Dressing for chicken salad similar to approach in "Chicken Salad Melt," a Roediger House original recipe.

No comments: