Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, February 25, 2023

Meal No. 3300: Juicy Burgers on Homemade Buns

Exactly two weeks prior to this past Sunday night's meal, I made the same menu: juicy burgers on the grill on homemade hamburger buns. I wanted to try those buns again without making them quite so large. I'm glad I did: the fine cheeseburger on fresh-baked incredibly delicious hand-crafted buns made for a magical meal.

I still ain't so great at even apportionment.

But lordy did they bake up mighty fine.


"Juicy Burgers," originally from Pillsbury Classic Cookbooks recipe magazine, July 2003, p. 52-53. After Pillsbury was purchased in 2001 by General Mills, home of Betty Crocker (founded in 1921, mind you!), it basically ceased to exist as a company and lives on just as a brand. I guess that's why a Pillsbury cookbook recipe from 2003 is now only found on the Betty Crocker website.

"Beautiful Burger Buns," from Ellen "Moomie" Dorsey of King Arthur Baking. See also the accompanying blog post, "Burger Buns with a Beautiful Backstory," by PJ Hamel. [Published 28 June 2021]

No comments: