Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Meal No. 3293: Monie's Pasta Carbonara

Last Saturday's surprisingly sunny and warm afternoon gave me ample time to do some yardwork, including pulling enough weeds to aggravate the old man's back, and also scooping up more of the daunting clippings from my monstrous ornamental grass. I fell back on a tasty supper option for Meal No. 3293 that wreaked havoc on the next-morning weigh-in: a simple corruption of carbonara, full of onion and bacon, served over fusili pasta that proved to be a bit chewy. I do not make this much any more, enjoy it while I'm eating it, and then settle into belly regret once the bowl is (mostly) cleaned.

But hey: I did at least have an ever watchful overseer while I dug around in the flower beds.


"Pasta Carbonara," a recipe shared by Monie Lawrence of Raleigh, NC.

No comments: