Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Meal No. 3287: Sous Vide Filet Mignon

A bit of beef called out to me for a mid-day meal last Thursday, and that meant pulling prepped slabs of filet mignon from the freezer, using the sous vide to make short work of cooking them, and finishing with a pan-sear. Garlicked roasted asparagus spears, abundant and vibrant, were a glorious accompanying pile.

Also, I have to confess: it was a winter Thursday that just about did me in. Temps hovering around 40, the wet blanket of unrelenting dim drear, more than an inkling of cabin fever, morose and drizzly and unending. I trudged through the requisite afternoon walk, missing its usual elements of enjoyment, unsuccessful at pushing off the bleak mood of the day. I ought to acknowledge, though, that the sugar overload from the huge portion of King Cake I consumed late morning probably did not benefit my mental state!

No comments: