Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2022

Lemon Velvet Cake

The remarkable dessert following our Cuban pork roast back on April 2nd was the glorious lemon velvet cake that I've made a handful of times. It is just an incredible recipe, one of many that Barry Parsons has gifted to the internet world. Between the six of us that Saturday night, plus a few containers given away to neighbors, only two slices were left for the following night's dessert.

After the guests departed and I'd finished with clean-up, tip-off of the semi-final game between my North Carolina Tar Heels and their arch-rival, Duke University, had occurred. I was much too nervous to watch or listen. So I decided to take my evening walk, stretching it out to over six miles. By the time I got home, brushed my teeth, and otherwise delayed as long as possible, I was able finally to pull up the status of the game, with three seconds left. And the glorious final game of the 42-year career of Mike Krzyzewski, in the first NCAA meeting of UNC and Duke, ended in a UNC victory...meaning the all-time record between 1st-year Carolina Coach Hubert Davis and the dreaded Coach K etched into perpetuity is 2-1.


"Lemon Velvet Cake," from Barry C. Parsons of RockRecipes.com.

No comments: