Search RoHo Blog

Monday, April 11, 2022

Cinnamon Chip Oatmeal Cookies

Fire No. 78

Spring has sprung, but the days have not yet developed a consistent habit of feeling convincingly springlike. On the final Tuesday of March, for instance, I spent my day in an elementary school in Cabarrus County, where it was freakin' freezing. I could not get warm. So when I was home the next day, and the skies were grey and it was still only 48°F well after noon, I was in no way embarrassed at having lit a fire. It was toasty, warm, relaxing, rewarding, and sort of a final hopeful goodbye to the winter's blahs.

That evening, I put my kitchen labors toward a batch of cinnamon chip oatmeal cookies to take with me on March's final day, at an elementary school here in Winston-Salem. Man, were they incredible straight out of the oven, which explains why I ate three that night.


"Cinnamon Chip Oatmeal Cookies," from Hershey's Kitchens. Also on the Hershey's website: https://www.hersheyland.com/recipes/oatmeal-cinnamon-chips-cookies.html.

No comments: