Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, April 25, 2021

Meal No. 2833: Grilled Filet Mignon

This past Wednesday was a full virtual teaching day for me, and while I was sequestered in my Zoom zone in the North Parlour, the weather up and turned dicey on me. Wind gusts became increasingly vicious and an unseasonably cold spell settled in on us here in Winston-Salem. For late April to be blessed with freeze warnings is pretty unusual but, lazy that I've been, there are no fresh spring tender plantings that were under threat. A nice sale on beef tenderloin at my Harris Teeter enticed me to splurge on a couple of thick filets. I braved the winds, and the grill managed to perform in spite of them, resulting in some of my best grilled steaks in quite a while. More roasted garlic-topped asparagus fatties, plus spiced roasted potatoes, turned it all into a pretty full and filling meal.

No comments: