Search RoHo Blog

Monday, April 12, 2021

Meal No. 2823: Spiced Chicken Thighs + DoubleTree Cookies + Brown Sugar Cookies

As soon as I try to talk myself into not bothering to blog a recent meal that's just more of my same-old same-old, my compulsion to document kicks in and I still have to create a post. Sunday night before last, it was another easy meal of sous vide spiced chicken thighs from the freezer cache, along with amazing roasted broccoli and the remainder of a previous batch of roasted potatoes.

That evening I was inclined to make a batch of cookies and ended up with my most disappointing result ever for the famous Doubletree chocolate chip cookies. I think it was because I used Irish butter that they spread so little and ended up more cakey and dry, but I was bummed at the crumbs.

That's likely why I was so quick to dive back the next day into cookie-making, this time emerging with the sensational chewy brown sugar cookies, of which I ate two whilst they were still warm and alluring.


"DoubleTree Hotel's Chocolate Chip Cookies," by Ayşegül Sanford and her blog, Foolproof Living. [Published December 29, 2013.] Official DoubleTree recipe from Hilton.com was released to the public on 09 April 2020.

"Chewy Brown Sugar Cookies," from Yvonne Ruperti of SeriousEats.com. [Published 24 September 2013 / Updated 30 April 2019]

No comments: